Verify®

Return Authorization

Optimize Retail Returns

No matter what your return rate percentage is, studies show that about 8 percent of retail return dollars are fraudulent, adding to your costs and reducing your net sales. For a $1 billion retailer, that could mean up to a $10 million exposure.

Verify® is a real-time, consumer-based return authorization system which uses predictive algorithms and statistical models to distinguish and deter fraudulent and abusive return behavior in-store, online, or in the call center.

It is the most widely used return optimization tool in the industry, and is proven effective in significantly reducing return rates at major retailers, prompting the Wall Street Journal to state that Verify Return Authorization “can now be found in every mall in America.”

Reduce Returns, Prevent Fraud, Cut Costs

STOP RETURN FRAUD & ABUSE

In milliseconds Verify detects consumer behaviors that indicate retail return fraud or return abuse. Only returners who exhibit extreme outlier behavior are denied.

PROTECT GOOD CUSTOMERS

Verify denies returns only to the worst offenders (the 1 percent of your returners who are fraudulent/abusive). The other 99 percent can make returns freely.

REDUCE SHRINK

Retailers using Verify typically see a 13 percent reduction in shrink. The results are so profound, the solution pays for itself in a few weeks and saves millions per year.

ATTRACT MORE CONSUMERS

Consumers prefer retailers who offer generous return policies, and you can fulfill their wishes when Verify streamlines your processes and manages your risk.

TREAT ALL CONSUMERS FAIRLY

Verify accepts/denies returns based on the consumer’s actions. A consumer will receive the same result regardless of which store is visited or who is working at the returns desk.

REAL-TIME ALERTS

Verify identifies specific employee and/or consumer situations as the transaction ends, and alerts your personnel while the individual is still in the store. (Optional module)

Loss Prevention and Asset Protection Professionals Rely On It

A powerful deterrent, Verify lets you individually address fraudulent returners, reduces the number of unprofitable consumers, stops the financial drain, and leads to considerable improvement in margin dollars.

The science behind the optimization allows you to be confident of the results and simplifies your internal justification.

Will Verify Help You?

You may be a bit skeptical about how Appriss Retail solutions would impact your business’ performance. We understand, so we created this instant estimator. Try it out, and get your answer in less than a minute. Calculate Verify’s Impact

Download More Information

CASE STUDY: RETAILER SLAMS THE DOOR ON RETURN FRAUD

Rather than penalize their good customers, this auto parts company uses the Verify Return Authorization solution coupled with a continuous analysis of KPIs and business results.

Download

RETURN FRAUD 101: HOW TO PROTECT PROFITS

Fraudulent and abusive returners are draining $9–$17 billion annually from retailers’ coffers (per NRF) and costing the average household of four more than $200 per year.

Download

QUICK OVERVIEW: PREVENT FRAUD

Verify optimizes returns with analytical modeling that considers numerous factors including return policies, shoppers’ purchase and return behavior, and other trends.

Download

what people are saying

“One of the best ROI projects I worked on!!”

PAUL JONES, LPC
Former SVP, Limited Brands

Get in touch

Learn more about Appriss Retail

Contact Us